Your business needs more than a pretty face.
Strategic design and development in the simplest terms means that your website is more than a pretty window display. With purposeful design, flow, and goals, your website becomes a powerful marketing tool for your business.
When you create using strategy-led design, you are really drilling down to your purpose, what you’re trying to accomplish, what goals and actions you want visitors to take, and how can you lead them through a journey that makes it easy to say yes and click to work with you.
A few things that go into a strategic design are:
- Refining your client journey: The (user UX) experience you want your potential client to have while on your site and possibly after once they click to learn more, book a chat, or hire you. With strategic UX design, you can help increase user engagement, and improve conversion rates.
- Brand theory to ensure alignment and aesthetics increase connection and clarity. Your site should reflect your brand identity and have a cohesive, consistent style across all marketing channels. Nuances include color theory, font, emotional connection, and more.
- Consideration of purpose and goals: Are you trying to book consults, sell things, build your mailing list, increase dog adoptions, book tours, provide info to people prior to coming into your office, etc. And…just to make it even more interesting, the purpose on one page could be different from another page, so having clear goals and direction is key.
- Smart, technical SEO using connective and optimal language and formatting best practices to increase visibility in search results.
- Content strategy: Copy refinement to ensure you have a clear, consistent message that educates, encourages, and guides your visitors through the decision to become a client. You copy will help you build a connection using your brand’s voice and tone and should support your overall business goals.
- Technical upgrades to software and services when necessary to ensure smooth functionality and user experience including speed, accessibility, and other must-haves.
- Thoughtful consideration of your processes, future plans, and more so you’re set up for long-term success with a website that can evolve as your business changes and grows.
A strategic website can help to separate you from your competition.
When it’s time to revamp your website, you want to get the most out of your time and investment so you can be sure that your website is doing its part to help you connect, convert, and keep you moving forward.
At chez Create Launch Grow, every project includes strategic guidance and project/site planning. It’s an integral part of your website design process to help us refine efficiency and clarity ensuring your clients (and potential clients) have a clear and easy path to know exactly what to do to work with you and what happens next.
Your clients love you and being able to extract, unwrap, and convey what makes you different as well as finding ways to working smarter with a strategic design plan, then using that plan as our blueprint for development, is what will separate your website from the competition.
If the thought of a transformative website project is overwhelming and you’re wondering if you’ll ever be able to get it all done (and done correctly), worry no more, I will help you through every step (it’s my speciality). Learn more about the web design process or book a Discovery Chat to get from stuck to strategic!
Was this list helpful? Let me know here. Happy planning!
À bientôt !
Hi, I'm Janet
Web designer, developer, and digital strategist for growing businesses. Learn more about how I can help you keep your business moving forward with a transformative, conversion-focused website that can work wonders, so you can go from stuck to strategic.